The Urban League of Central Carolinas is a multi-service, non-profit agency, organized in 1978. Its mission is to empower the community to attain financial stability and social justice in a global economy through education, training, placement and entrepreneurship. Our range of programs can benefit anyone in need of education, skills training, career development, employment services, and youth programs. We serve persons from all economic backgrounds. The success of our Continuum of Opportunity Model is enhanced through investments by key community partnerships focused on social mobility and economic opportunity.
Urban League of Central Carolinas Quick Fact Sheet
- Incorporated in 1978 as a 501c3, the Urban League of Central Carolinas is an affiliate of the National Urban League and a United Way participating agency
- The Urban League serves those in need of education, skills training, career development, employment services, and youth programs
- Currently operates programs in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Davidson, and Union County. Plans in the future to expand to other surrounding counties.
- We operate two state-of-the-art computer labs at the main office with more than 75 computers
- Served nearly 1,500 children, youth (18-21), and adults in our community.
- Job placement rate in adult programs is 85%.