The Urban League of Central Carolinas Young Professionals is a volunteer auxiliary of Charlotte area Urban League Affiliate. The ULCCYP is a training ground for young professionals’ ages 21-40 committed to supporting the Urban League Movement through volunteerism, philanthropy and membership development.
Our goal is to continue enlisting committed young professionals that are willing to give of their time, energy and resources to create change in our community. We realize that individual success is meaningless without the commitment to improve our collective community.
Get Involved in a Committee
Membership - Grow and sustain membership through events/mixers, recruitment efforts, and relationship building.
Service - Provide forums for members to use their skills to advance the mission of the Urban League of Central Carolinas
Marketing and Communications - Ensure branding guidelines are met and messaging is consistent with the affiliate’s mission and vision.
Professional Development - Provide continual resources for professional growth through networking, service, leadership, and education.
Civic Engagement - Increase awareness of current political, economic, and social issues, as well as carry the torch for advocacy.
Finance - Coordinate fund development activities, and determine the financial costs of ULCCYP.
Benefits of Joining ULCCYP
- Membership in the Urban League of Central Carolinas
- Voting privileges within ULCCYP auxiliary
- Exclusive discounts to signature events (Whitney M. Young Awards, Leadership Awards, Guild Golf Tournament, etc.)
- Access to various National Urban League and Young Professionals conferences
- Volunteer opportunities that fit YOUR schedule
- Access to networking opportunities with ULCC corporate partners and sponsors
- Access to dynamic speakers and presenters at ULCCYP meetings, as well as personal & professional development workshops
- Facility space rental at a deeply discounted rate
- Link to National Movement – National Urban League and NULYP
- Official ULCCYP T-shirt
- Official ULCCYP lapel pin
- Be a young professional (age 21 to 40)
- Have an interest in serving the Central Carolinas through social and civic engagement
- Complete and submit an application
- Pay annual membership dues in the amount of $50 ($25 for students), which includes joint membership to ULCCYP and the Urban League of Central Carolinas
Click here to purchase a Young Professionals membership. For questions about your Young Professionals membership, please email us at email@example.com.